- From January 11, 2022, the FFP2 mask requirement will also be extended outdoors. Anywhere where the recommended minimum distance of two meters from people outside the
household cannot be maintained, an FFP2 mask is required. Exceptions to this are situations where the minimum distance of two meters IS only briefly undershot, such as when simply "walking past" the
- Proof of 2G must be presented upon entry to Austria (vaccinated or recovered). Anyone who has been vaccinated or recovered must also be able to prove a current
(max. 72 hours old) PCR test or a third stitch (booster vaccination) from December 20th, 2021 in order to avoid quarantine. People with 2G detection but without a
PCR test or booster vaccination (third stitch) are obliged to fill in a Pre-Trave-Clearance and must in any case be tested within 24 hours of entering the country. Until a negative PCR test result is presented, a home quarantine at an existing residence or
suitable accommodation must be observed. A confirmation of the availability of the accommodation must be presented upon entry. School-age children are allowed to enter the country
with a Holiday Ninja Pass or similar test certificates. Children under the age of twelve are not
affected by the entry rules.
- From December 25, 2021, the entry rules for the countries of Great Britain, the Netherlands, Denmark and
Norway (declared as virus-variant-areas) are excluded for people with a third stitch (booster), who must also show a PCR test upon entry, the regulations for
children are not tightened and handled according to the rules of the "Holiday Ninja Pass". School-age children and young people born after August 31, 2006 can make use of the regulation.
- Children and adolescents from virus variant areas who were born before August 31, 2006 need a booster vaccination (triple vaccination or double vaccination after
a Johnson & Johnson dose) and an additional PCR test, not older than 48 hours, in order to be allowed to enter the country without quarantine.
- Restaurants must close by 10 p.m. also on 31st December 2021.
- A 2G certificate is required in ALL AREAS.